Japan Bucket List
Your simple and traditional bucket list guide to Japan!
- Go to a Japanese onsen.
- Wear a kimono.
- Buy a kimono.
- See the cherry blossoms bloom at Nakameguro River.
- Find your zen in Hamarikyu Gardens.
- Go to a sky observation tower in Tokyo (Roppongi Hills City View or Shibuya SKY)
- Take a photo of Tokyo Plaza Omotesando.
- Watch Japanese television.
- Go to Tokyo Disneyland.
- Walk around Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden.
- Go snowboarding in Hakuba.
- Be on top of Tokyo with Tokyo Skytree.
- See Mt. Fuji.
- See Shibuya Crossing.
- Cosplay in Harajuku.
- Respect the beauty of Sensoji Temple.
- Eat mochi.
- Eat Japanese raman.
- Drink sake.
- Get some spicy kare-raisu.
- Enjoy cotton candy in Harajuku.
- Try sushi and sashimi.
- Try some yakitori on the street.
- Buy some onigiri from a supermarket for a snack.
- Eat tempura.
- Eat Okonomiyaki prepared by a chef who made it right in front of you.
- Enjoy shabu shabu (Japanese hotpot).
- Enjoy miso soup before a meal.
- Eat some Udon noodles!
- Eat Gyudon at Sukiya.
- Drink/eat something made with Japanese matcha.
- Enjoy each type of gyoza in Utsunomiya (Suigyoza (boiled), Agegyoza (deep-fried), and Yakigyoza (fried).
- Stay in a capsule hotel in Tokyo (Nine Hours Hotel if you want to feel like you are in a spaceship/futuristic atmosphere)
- Take instagram pictures at the Asakusa Kokono Club Hotel.
- Get check-in by robots or dinosaurs at the Henn na Hotel.
- Get eco-friendly with the Trunk Hotel.
- See Godzilla spit fire at Hotel Gracery Shinjuku.
- Read a book in the library capsule hotel of Book and Bed Hotel.
- Stay in a Hello Kitty room in Keio Plaza.
Did I miss something that needs to be added to the Japan bucket list? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter for more travel tips and access to the Sharing Tails community!