Hungary Bucket List
Everything bucket list worthy to do in Hungary from someone who lived in Budapest!
- Go to Buda Castle.
- Explore Fisherman’s Bastion.
- Go on a night ghost/vampire tour in Buda.
- Relax in Gellért Thermal Bath.
- Get pampered at Széchenyi Thermal Bath.
- Get a massage.
- Do a travel photoshoot at Buda Castle.
- Take a cocktail river cruise.
- Board a cultural Hungarian river cruise on the Danube.
- Take pictures of Parliament from the Danube.
- Appreciate Hero’s Square.
- Go ice skating in front of Vajdahunyad Castle (fairy tale castle).
- Live in Budapest
- Take pictures at Matthias Church.
- Go cuddle with Maine Coons at the Cat Café.
- Go see some more unique animals at the Zoo Cafè.
- Climb to the top of St. Stephen’s basilica.
- Take a bath in beer at the BeerSpa (in Szèchenyi).
- Go on a wine tour in Etyek Wine Country.
- See Castle Visegrád on the Danube bend.
- Go explore Pálvölgyi or Szemlöhegyi Caves.
- Go to a festival in Szeged.
- Tour a wine cellar in Eger.
- Relax or go to a music festival in Lake Balaton.
- Take in the views at Pestetics Palace in Keszthely.
- Visit Esztergom Basilica.
- Go to a medieval marketplace in Pécs.
- See the ‘most beautiful village in Hungary’ according to UNESCO-Hollókö.
- Go shopping in Vaci Street in Budapest.
- Try langós in Szentendre.
- Drink high tea at the New York Cafe.
- Eat Hungarian goulash.
- Take a food tour around Budapest.
- Try some chicken Paprikash.
- Indulge in some palacsinta (a Hungarian version of a crepe).
- Eat some Hungarian sausage (kolbász).
- Drink Pálinka (responsibly!)
- Buy a kürtöskalács on the street or by metro stations in Budapest.
- Find an Instagram spot at Baltazár Budapest.
- Stay at a music-themed hotel called Aria House in Budapest.
- Have an adult-only retreat at Hotel Clark Budapest.
- Feel like royalty at Hotel Oktogon Haggenmacher (a renovated neo-Renaissance 1880s palace).
- Feel artistic at the Bohem Art Hotel.
- Stay and eat in the greenhouse attached to the Stories Boutique Hotel or the Cortile Hotel in Budapest.
*It is the responsibility of the traveler to make sure that products and services are ethically sourced and do not support abusive animal practices. Please read my full disclaimer.
Did I miss something that needs to be added to the Hungary bucket list? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter for more travel tips and access to the Sharing Tails community!