Australia Bucket List
Everything bucket list worthy to do in Australia!
- Dive the Great Barrier Reef.
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Stargaze at Uluru.
- Spend a night in the Outback.
- Take a wine-tasting tour of the Barossa Valley.
- Swim with whale sharks in Ningaloo Reef.
- Go surfing on the East Coast.
- See a kangaroo.
- Hold a koala.
- Go rafting on Tully River
- Watch the penguins parade at Phillip Island Nature Park.
- Explore the Daintree Rainforest.
- Watch a show at the Sydney Opera House.
- Spend a day at Tamarama Beach.
- Walk the Bondi to Coogee track.
- Surf at Bondi Beach.
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney.
- See all of the Darling Harbour attractions: Madam Tussauds, Sea Life Aquarium, and the Wild Life Sydney Zoo.
- Enjoy a sunset over Manly Beach.
- Visit the bell tower in Perth.
- Spend an afternoon at Kings Park and Botanic Garden with views of Perth.
- Sample wine and local produce at Swan Valley.
- Go back in time with the colonial buildings in Perth city center: Stirling Gardens, London Court, Government House, or The Mint.
- Find the best street art in Northbridge.
- Explore the old prison of Old Melbourne Gaol.
- Take a train from Australia’s oldest railway station: Flinders Street Station.
- Enjoy an afternoon at Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne.
- Take the free City Circle Tram to sightsee in Melbourne.
- Take pictures of the street art of Hosier Lane in Melbourne.
- Smell some flowers at the Parliament House Gardens.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over Yarra Valley.
- Try some Vegemite on toast.
- Eat the Australian barramundi fish.
- Indulge in some pavlova.
- Treat yourself with Lamingtons.
- Snack on some Tim Tams.
- Eat Anzac Biscuits at an Anzac Day Ceremony.
- Taste some wattleseed flatbread.
- Get a brain freeze with Bush Tucker Ice Cream.
- Eat a grilled kangaroo steak.
- Drink some local kombucha tea.
- Enjoy the lake at The Cabins of Lake Crackenback (New South Wales)
- Live in luxury at the Saffire Freycinet (Tasmania Coast)
- Enjoy the scenery at Longitude 131° at Ayers Rock (Northern Territory)
- Look over the Great Barrier Reef from Lizard Island Resort (Queensland)
- Qualia Resort on Hamilton Island, Whitsundays
- Get out in the wilderness at the Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef Wilderness Camps (Western Australia)
- Go on an Australian safari at the Bamurru Plains Safari Lodge in Kakadu National Park (Northern Territory)
- Lounge in luxury at the Poolside Villas at Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort and Spa (Queensland)
*It is the responsibility of the traveler to make sure that products and services are ethically sourced and do not support abusive animal practices. Please read my full disclaimer.
Did I miss something that needs to be added to the Australia bucket list? Feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter for more travel tips and access to the Sharing Tails community!