Indonesia Bucket List
Everything bucket list worthy to do in Indonesia!
- Surf in Changgu (Bali).
- Go on a Bali swing.
- Go shopping in Ubud.
- Make friends with a monkey (at a distance) at the Monkey Forest.
- Climb Mt. Batur at sunrise.
- Enjoy Uluwatu Temple.
- Go snorkeling and spot a turtle in the Gili Islands.
- Go to all three Gili Islands.
- Scuba dive the Gili Islands.
- Drink a smoothie on the beach.
- Take a basket weaving class.
- Drink Kopi Luwak coffee.
- Go to the komodo islands.
- Climb the ‘fidget spinner’ beach on Padar Island.
- Star gaze from a boat in the komodo islands (still the best starts I’ve seen to this day. I literally cried).
- See a Komodo Dragon at the National Park.
- Swim with manta rays in Nusa Penida.
- Enjoy the rice terraces of Bali.
- Take a Balinese flower bath.
- Visit Tannah Lot (at low tide!)
- Care for elephants with a mud bath!
- Visit the Borobudur Temple in Megelang.
- Try to spot a megamouth shark in Pulau Weh.
- Find Lake Toba, the natural lake that sprung from a crater of a dormant volcano.
- Spot an orangutan in Bukit Luwang.
- Find the Monas in Jakarta celebrating independence.
- Climb Mt. Rinjani (second largest volcano and it’s active!)
- If that active volcano wasn’t enough…climb Mt. Bromo in East Java.
- Experience culture at Tana Toraja.
- Go on a surfing holiday in Mentawai Islands.
- Scuba dive Raja Ampat in West Papua.
- Snorkel at Nusa Lembongan.
- Watch a Kecak Dance performance.
- Go dolphin sightseeing.
- Take a Balinese cooking class.
- Eat a floating breakfast in Bali.
- Eat traditional food anywhere in Padang (West Sumatra).
- Watch the sunset over the beach from your private villa (Air BnB).
- Swim while looking over the ocean at Koko Beach Villas.
- Sleep on a boat and island hop around the komodo islands.
- Enjoy the luxurious St. Regis Bali Resort.
- Have a private pool at The Ritz-Carlton in Bali.
- Immerse yourself in the lush gardens of Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.
- Cross the suspension bridge into the Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan.
- Overlook the Ayung Valley at Amandari.
- Enjoy a sunset at Legian Seminyak Bali.
- Stay in the largest bamboo hotel in the world Sharma Springs.
- Bond with elephants at the Safari Park Lodge.
- Enjoy some African wildlife at the Mara River Safari Lodge.
- Gather your people for a massive beach villa off of Air BnB!
- Get isolated at the Overoi Beach Resort in Medana.
*It is the responsibility of the traveler to make sure that products and services are ethically sourced and do not support abusive animal practices. Please read my full disclaimer.
Did I miss something that needs to be added to the Indonesia bucket list? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org click on the contact tab
Don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter for more travel tips and access to the Sharing Tails community!